Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gotcha Day for Madeline and Gracie with Garrett and Daddy at Dulles





So sorry it took me this long to post the update. I am a mother of two now, and have had to juggle my already comfortable time consuming schedule. What an incredible day! My stomach was in knots until they walked out, and all of the worry and anxiety just vanished. Garrett is the most precious child! He is so sweet, so gentle, and loving. He has a fantastic, easy-going personality, and he loves people. No words can express the love I already feel for my son, and I think the feeling is quite mutual. He follows me everywhere, he hugs me, loves me, blows kisses, and is quite a charmer and trickster. He laughs at you when you tell him "No", and he does understand that word very well. He is into everything! ALL BOY!!! But what is most important is that he is OUR Garrett, our sweet, cuddly baby boy. Garrett says the words Mama, Baba, Hi, No, and has tried to say Gracie. Gracie is very protective of him. She pats his back, kisses his forehead, hugs him, and loves to play with him. She is an excellent big sister as we thought she would be. We have already had that sibling moment when Garrett hit her in the face for taking away the remote control. The bubble kind of burst immediately for poor Gracie. Reality...He isn't leaving. Time out for Garrett. She is also a little jealous at times, but we just keep reassuring her. Garrett is still very baby like. As big as he is, it is hard to imagine that. But he does have a lot of baby left in him. We are having some sleeping issues, but I am dealing with it. The first night went ok. The second night...Well, not so great. I think I spoke too soon that this was going to be so easy with him. He is still getting accustomed to the time change though. He does however go to sleep very easily. It takes him about five minutes max to fall asleep. He is darling, and is a wonderful, perfect addition to our family. We are so blessed!









Here are the pictures from Van and Garrett's homecoming on January 9th.

5 comments:

epin said...

Welcome home Van and Garrett! Scott, Hana, and I are so happy for the four of you. Garrett is absolutely wonderful and the perfect addition to your lovely family. Much happiness to you.

Grace McHugh said...

I was in tears looking at your airport photos. We will be praying for this transition since it will take time for everyone to adapt to new schedules and to having to share. :) You and Van are wonderful parents. What a blessing for you all to be together. James 1:27.

Hugs!

grantsmama said...

We love you all! We feel so lucky that we could share in your special day. I cannot believe that he is home, it's kind of surreal, but he is so sweet and fun and his zest for life is contagious. It was great to finally see "the three G's" (Gracie Garrett & Grant) playing together!!! I will share pics with you asap. Much love from Aunt Laura and Uncle Brian and cousin Grant!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish I could have been there!

Sarah said...

Welcome Home Garrett!