Monday, December 22, 2008

Operation Christmas Child in China...

Ok, this just made me cry. To see these children so happy and so content with a little box of presents from American friends is so special. This truly is what Christmas is all about. It makes me want to pack up very little and move to China to do missionary work...Maybe someday, huh? I would love to live in China for a year so that our family could really experience the beauty of China and all that this country has to offer.
This is the same China Care Foundation that has taken excellent care of our son, Garrett Chenguang, in China. They provided for his foster care, his surgeries, and his needs from day one. Thank you, God, for China Care! We are ever so grateful! Merry Christmas, and may we all remember what the true meaning of Christmas is...caring and loving and giving to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVU5_h6_kxU

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

John would be right there with you with the Missionary work...hey you could buy FANS together! LOL

bytheriver said...

Hey there - Thanks for letting me see what happens to those shoe boxes - I have worked on many and just hoped they would get where they needed to go - I will need to renew my efforts