Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bad Daddy!!!











This evening, Gracie was asking us to play cards with her. I had played cards with her A LOT today. Gracie wanted to play "Go Fish". Van says to her, "Ok, I'll play cards with you, Gracie." So, they sit down. And as they begin to shuffle the cards, Van says to Gracie, "Gracie, we are going to play a FUN game. Hold on for a minute, and I'll be right back." So, I am thinking he is going downstairs to the playroom to get one of her other games. You know, Cootie or Candyland or something like that. Meanwhile, I am at my computer having some quality "me time"...not paying a lot of attention to what is happening. Then, I realize that Daddy is teaching Gracie how to play poker with chips. He called it "Single Card Poker" and went on to say that it was helping her learn about low and high numbers. Maybe that's true. But this is SOOOO wrong on SOOOO many levels. I had to take pictures anyway because even though Daddy knows better, he did it. Bad Daddy! We will be hiding those poker chips too! And that was not Gracie's Starbuck's coffee drink sitting next to her. It was Van's. :)

1 comment:

-R. said...

If it makes you feel any better, I learned to add and subtract playing Blackjack. I was quite the card shark as a kid. I could clean up in Vegas!